Blinder Limited (we, us, our) complies with applicable privacy laws, including in Australia the Privacy Act 1988, and in New Zealand the Privacy Act 1993 (in each case, the Act), when dealing with Personal Information. Personal Information has the meaning given under the Act and in New Zealand is information about an identifiable individual (a natural person).
CONSENT TO THE COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
|Blinder Call||a phone call transmitted using the Blinder Service, and made by or to a Customer.|
|Customer||a person who accesses and uses the Blinder Service as a customer of Blinder, and/or, where that access and use is on behalf of another person (e.g. an individual for whom that person acts), that other person.|
WHAT TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT
We collect the following general types of Personal Information in connection with the use of the Blinder Service:
- information that you provide to us directly, e.g. during Registration or in the course of your other dealings with us (Customer Information), including:
- name, email, address, phone numbers and other contact details
- local addresses, where these are required by a third party to allocate a local phone number to you
- your preferences and instructions relating to the management of your calls as part of the Blinder Service
- call-related data (other than Call Content) for Blinder Calls (Call Data), including:
- the phone number from where the call is initiated
- the phone number to which the call is sent or diverted
- time and duration of the call
- call briefing notes
- the contents of Blinder Calls, which we may record and/or transcribe strictly on behalf, and in accordance with the preferences and instructions, of the relevant Customer (Call Content).
WHO WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM
We may collect Personal Information:
- from you, when you provide that Personal Information to us, including via the Website and any related service, through Registration, through any direct contact with us (e.g. phone call or email, where Blinder is a party to the communication), or when you buy or use the Blinder Service or any of our other services and products
- that is included in any Call Data, from you or the other party to the call, where you are a party to a Blinder Call
- that is included in any Call Content, on behalf of the relevant Customer
- from third parties where you have authorised this or the information is publicly available (including third party service providers who specialise in collecting and providing publicly available information)
- which is generated by us in our interactions with you, e.g. your User ID.
If you have concerns about the collection of Personal Information by us, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org..
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use your Personal Information in the following ways:
- where you are a Website user and/or Customer, to market our services and products to you, including contacting you electronically (e.g. by text or email for this purpose)
- to verify your identity, where it is reasonably necessary to do so
- to undertake credit checks of you, if necessary
- where you are a Customer, to bill you and to collect money that you owe us, including authorising and processing credit card transactions
- to respond and deal with communications from you, including to resolve complaints or issues with the Blinder Service
- to provide the Blinder Service to you, where you are a Customer, including:
- to manage Blinder Calls in accordance with your preferences and instructions
- to transcribe and provide Call Content to you in accordance with your instructions
- to monitor, maintain and improve the Blinder Service and its Underlying Systems, but to the extent that we use Call Data or Call Content for this purpose we do so only as is strictly necessary
- (other than Call Content) to conduct research and statistical analysis (on an anonymised basis)
- to protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim
- for any other purpose authorised by you, the Act or any other applicable law.
DISCLOSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose your Personal Information:
- to another company within our group
- to telecommunications carriers, for the purpose of enabling the transmission of Blinder Calls
- to any other business that supports our services and products, including any person that hosts or maintains any Underlying Systems or data centre that we use to provide the Blinder Service or Website, for the purpose of enabling us to provide them, but to the extent that we use Call Data or Call Content for this purpose we do so only as is strictly necessary
- to a credit reference agency for the purpose of credit checking you
- where you are a Customer, to our payment processer for the purpose of processing payments from you
- collected as Call Data, to the Customer on whose behalf we transmitted the relevant Blinder Call
- collected as Call Content, to the Customer on whose behalf we recorded and/or transcribed the relevant Blinder Call
- (other than Call Content) to other third parties (on an anonymised basis)
- to a person who can require us to supply your Personal Information (e.g. a regulatory authority)
- to any other person authorised by the Act or another law (e.g. a law enforcement agency)
- to any other person authorised by you.
A business that supports our services and products may be located in the United States or other locations outside Australia or New Zealand. This may mean your Personal Information is held and processed outside your location.
PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will take reasonable steps to keep your Personal Information safe from loss, unauthorised activity, or other misuse.
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in the Act and/or any other applicable laws (e.g. laws governing the collection and use of data relating to telecommunications services), you have the right to access your readily retrievable Personal Information that we hold and to request correction to your Personal Information. Before you exercise this right, we will need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the Personal Information relates.
In respect of a request for correction, if we think the correction is reasonable and we are reasonably able to change the Personal Information, we will make the correction. If we do not make the correction, we will take reasonable steps to note on the Personal Information that you requested the correction.
If you want to exercise either of the above rights, email us at email@example.com. Your email should provide evidence of who you are and set out the details of your request (e.g. the Personal Information, or the correction, that you are requesting).
We may charge you our reasonable costs of providing to you copies of your Personal Information or correcting that information.
We may refuse to allow you access to your Personal Information where to do so may identify, or involve unwarranted disclosure of information about, another individual.
While we take reasonable steps to maintain secure internet connections and other communications systems, if you provide us with Personal Information over the internet or other networked systems, the provision of that information is at your own risk. You acknowledge that no system is 100% secure and that our obligations do not provide a guarantee that your Personal Information will be secure against unauthorised access or loss (including hacking).